Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have locked my key in the boot

Customer Question

Hi I have locked my key in the boot
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

if you have not locked the car then you can fold down the rear seats from inside the car and get into the boot that way

if you're locked out then there's no secret way in and its best to call and automotive locksmith who can break in with no damage

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a*****ka
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

OK in that case

The only manual release is by using the key in the lock that is in the small compartment between the 2 seats, if you can remove this lock you will be able to pull the cable that the lock actuates and release the boot this way.

If you can't access the lock or remove it then you need to trigger the boot release motor at the connection to the GEM/locking control module.

This module is located on the drivers side up behind the dash fastened to the lower part of the "A" pillar, it has a label on it that identifies it as the alarm/locking module.

The wire you need is orange and black in the green connector, the connector is shown below, pin 1 is where the orange/black wire is.

If you disconnect this connector and provide a 12 volt feed to this wire this will actuate the boot release motor. You can get a 12 volt feed from the fuse box in the car as this is very close to the locking module, make sure you get the correct wire. If the boot release doesn't operate make sure the soft top compartment lid is securely latched on either side.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.