Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Ya. we have a 2007 petrol automatic qashqai. it has

Customer Question

Hiya. we have a 2007 petrol automatic qashqai. it has developed some problems, occasionally struggling to start and struggling to accelerate normally. also had to press hard on accelerator than normal to get power, particularly in reverse. any ideas??
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would have the fuel system checked for low fuel volume or fuel pressure as this can cause this here as well as have the exhaust system checked for any restrictions or damage to the exhaust components.Both of these can cause this fault here as I have seen several times before.If a fault is found the fault will need repaired to correct this issue.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks. its a qashqai petrol automatic, earlier in the week the warnjng light showed a problem diagnosed as throttle but when garage tested this was all fine. they hupothesised that the gear bix may be temperamental. fuel stuff was fine.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome

In some cases a throttle fault may set or appear but become intermittent meaning when it is tested if it is operating properly it will test o.k.So it is still possible this is a throttle issue here but until the fault sets or occurs again testing it will show it is o.k. until it is tested when the fault occurs.

The gear box is a possibility if it has an internal fault with something like a valve body or a sensor on the valve body as a sensor fault can keep the engine from starting if the sensor for the position of the gear box is sending a false signal as well as cause an issue with lack of power or even shifting issues.

It is difficult to say for sure from here which is the cause without further testing.The best way for the repair facility to locate this fault is if they can hold onto the vehicle for a day or more to test and diagnose the fault when it acts up.I have had to do this several times with several customers in the past so I could then test the vehicle properly.

Thanks Pete