Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

I have a nissan terrano 2 2.7 td with fly by wire system.

Customer Question

car always starts drives fine no smoke or any other problem. but some times stopped for a traffic light it cuts out. i can see rev gobit lo and cuts out. sometimes revs go very low and survive. i have a feeling the idle speed is low. please advise to adjust the idle speed. this has electronic injection pump
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing may be caused by sludge build up in the Throttle body, I would start first with disconnecting the negative batter cable and then take some carb cleaner and a soft cloth and give the Throttle body a good cleaning. After doing so, reconnect the cable and start the engine and allow it to idle for about 15 to 20 Minutes and see if this will resolve the problem you are having.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no throttle body in this as this is diesel. This is intermittent
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

In that cases my information is very limited on this, I will open the question back up for you and hopefully someone else may have what you need.