Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I bought a 2002 rav4 nv last week and now the alarm keeps

Customer Question

I bought a 2002 rav4 nv last week and now the alarm keeps going off randomly. 25 seconds each time. (Twice whilst driving!) Any ideas? Thank you, Rachel
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be a fault with the alarm control unit/ecu itself as this can fail internally and cause random alarm issues like this here.Usually if this was a door position sensor or another sensor at fault the alarm would only go off with the vehicle turned off and locked and since it is going off when the vehicle is driven this sounds more like an internal alarm control unit/ecu fault.

I would have the fault codes checked in all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed and repaired.The alarm module signals will most likely need checked using a scan tool as well to see if it is randomly setting off the alarm and the alarm module wiring and connections will need inspected for any damage.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.