Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Diesel peugeot will only rev to 2300. Cuts out occasionally

Customer Question

Diesel peugeot will only rev to 2300. Cuts out occasionally when driving, under cruise, idling or accel. I have codes and my own thoughts.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

A restricted fuel filter,leaking injector or injector that is not operating properly and a fuel pump/injection pump failure will cause this issue here.These are the most common components I have seen cause this fault needing repaired or replaced depending on which is the cause here.If you have not had the fuel system including these components here checked/tested at all this needs done as I suspect you will find one or more of them at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.