Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

I have a 2002 Volvo S60. I have just had the ECU refurbished

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2002 Volvo S60. I have just had the ECU refurbished and upon trying to cancel the "SRS service" message - which was done on one of the unit's think it was the DIM unit - I have got the fault code 00D4 SRS Indicator Lamp Function Faulty. Does this mean I will need to send the unit back to the re-furbisher ?
or have I another fault other than the ECU (instrument) Unit ?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealer technician. That code is stored if the supplemental restraint system module (SRS) receives a signal indicating that the LED in the combined instrument panel is broken. If the SRS light on the DIM is working, then there is a fault in the DIM and it should be returned to the refurbisher to correct.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have any other questions. When you have a chance, please select a rating for my service at the top right of your screen to allow me to be credited for helping you. Thank you!

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions? I see you have viewed the information but have not selecting a rating.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions?