Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a Peugeot 307 2.0 TDi. The Engine Management icon is

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Peugeot 307 2.0 TDi. The Engine Management icon is lit and the 'Antipollution Fault' shows on the dash. I'd taken car to garage to get 'codes' from engine management but garage said they 'could not get a reading from port' and 2 attempts from readers also show no readings. Revs are limited to 2700rpm
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the garage is using the correct scan tool/computer that has communication capabilities on your model here and they cannot communicate with the vehicle properly this can indicate a fault internally in the engine computer itself causing all of these issues here.I have seen the engine computers fail/act up in the past before needing replaced to correct this fault here.This will have to be tested further to be sure this is the cause by first checking to make sure all wiring and wiring connections are o.k. to the computer and if found o.k. and they cannot communicate I suspect the computer needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.