Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 2002 1.9tdi Galaxy with right hand indicator

Customer Question

I have a 2002 1.9tdi Galaxy with right hand indicator failure. I have replaced switch and hazard switch to no avail the relay appears to be built into the ECU. Someone said it may be the fuse box in front of the battery near the washer bottle but still no joy can you help? Steve
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect the wiring leading from the switch out to the lights and make sure no wiring is found damaged in any way causing this here.If this is o.k. there may be an issue with a relay or ecu at or in the fuse panel or the fuse panel itself may have a faulty damaged circuit internally needing replaced or repaired.Unfortunately to be able to pinpoint the exact fault here this will need tested further electronically to see if this is a wiring fault or if this is an ECU or fuse panel failure needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.