cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I have seen that 3-point seat belts on back seats of Chevy

Customer Question

Hi, I have seen that 3-point seat belts on back seats of Chevy Van's, is originally appearing from year 92 and up.
Therefore I',m wondering is it possible to put 3-point seatbelt in older pre 92y. Chevy Van? Does under upper interior panels can be found some kind of original mounting place or mounts for seatbelt holders?
Or should they need to be made/welded by my self?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

i hole will have to be drilled in the upper interior panels to bout the seat belt they just bolt in

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I understand correct? - behind the panels, there is a manufactured hole in car frame/body for seatbelt bolt and I just need to drill thru interior panels to get there?
Can you tell me measurements for those driling spots for back captein chairs and sofa?
How big hole should i drill, the same as seatbelt bolt?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

yes it would be the same size as the seat belt holes on the frame