Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Bob, have just bought a ford thunder today with 72000 on the

Customer Question

Hi bob, have just bought a ford thunder today with 72000 on the clock and on the way home the glow plug light has come on and is now flashing continuously. ... Help
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car does not seem to be loosing power and seems to be running ok. It a 2006 model. Thanks
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Not to worry , Just means the management system has come across a malfunction with in the fuel injection system .

Could be anything from a Glow plug ,temp sensor ,MAF sensor or a fuel pressure sensor.

All you need to do is get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes .

This will confirm why the light is flashing .

No good replacing parts on assumption as this would get very expensive so have your car hooked up and check for malfunction codes .

If needed then please get back to me with the malfunction codes and i will happerly help you with this issue ,even after rating my answer i will get back to you if needed.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied.

IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more",
please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, am sorry for some reason my cars has been rejected, I will sort in the morning as only just realised, presume I can go directly onto PayPal and change card.Furthermore re: ford thunder will any of what you suggested likely to be expensive? Thanks. Rosie
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rosie .

This all depends on what is found when checking for codes ,it could be a simple wiring /connection problem or a sensor .

so Rosie hard to say until you have the codes .

Kindest regards Greg