Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast
Experience:  NA
2499435

Greg looking at buying another pajero 2.8 gls 1998 when

Customer Question

hi greg looking at buying another pajero
2.8 gls 1998
when started there is a lot of noise from the dis belts
went off after awhile
should I walk away from it
sales guy says it is because belts are new
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Belt noise is rarely caused by the belt itself. Its normally because there is fluid on the belt or a pulley with a bad bearing and out of alignment. If you get a water spray bottle and spray the belt while running, if the noise stops then its the belt making the noise. Now shut it off and do alot of looking to see if there is engine oil, P/S oil, AC oil, or engine coolant getting on the belt causing the belt to create this noise as it runs over the pulleys.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris