Roger, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Automotive Technician
88470418

I have a uk honda 2004 crv the front passenger window works

Customer Question

I have a uk honda 2004 crv the front passenger window works fine with its own switch but not with the master switch on the drivers side , and thoughts ?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

By studying the wiring diagrams it looks like you have two likely possibilities, either the wiring is damaged in a door jamb (either front door) or the switch on the passenger door is bad. Window command for that window from the master switch goes through the passenger switch. Check for power in the blue and white across blue and red wires. If you have power there it's that switch if not then a wire is broken. If there's any more questions let me know. Please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I swapped the whole door including motors switches with another door same prob exists
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This whole internet mechanic thing doesnt work out please reimburse asap
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

When I don't have the vehicle in front of me all I can do is give you ideas based off the information you give me, and wiring diagrams when it's an electrical issue. All it says you've tried is a master door switch, that being said if you want help trying to figure it out then you'll have to work with me. I can't give you a definite fix, especially with electrical because you can have a number of different problems that can cause one issue. If you don't want to spend time in diagnosing it that's fine, but you can't expect anyone to know what's wrong with your vehicle simply by stating something is not working.