Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Billy, I have a Zafira Life 1600, 07. Had fault codes 0141

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Billy, my name is***** have a Zafira Life 1600, 07. Had fault codes 0141 and 0201,2,3,4 . Did some research and found out that these were related to oxygen sensors and ignition ie.,plugs coil pack and injectors. I changed the plugs,which were worn,coil pack and lambda sensor number 2. It was suggested that I use a cat cleaner product to clean out the system. after all this the fault codes were still there. My local mechanic said that I needed to get the codes cancelled and he knew a guy who could do it for a tenner,which I did and for sure the
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: engine management light went off
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $30) to post your type of question to UK Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I was saying, the engine management light went off but after a while returned with only code 0141. Now all the experts say that if the light comes on again then there is a problem. So code 0141 refers to the oxygen sensors,what do you think the problem could be as I have changed the number 2 sensor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My issues here are that the engine management light is on, I dont have any other problems as the car still runs well with plenty of power. My MOT is end of Jan.2016.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anyway I have to go ,ain't got all day. You'll have to email your answer to me. I just want to stress that I am not subscribing to your site, I am prepared to give you this one off payment only. Many thanks, Ed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

the oxygen sensor to replace with this code is the no.1 sensor thats closest to the engine

the no.2 sensor after the cat is for monitoring usee only

was the cat cleaner product ' cataclean'? as this is a good product and will help if the cat was clogged

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.