Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Dfo17 changed plugs reset light but came on again

Customer Question

dfo17 changed plugs reset light but came on again
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dfo17 changed glow plugs in 07 master reset lights but came on again
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

If this is the glow plug light that has come on again after the glow plugs were replaced this can be due to a fault with the glow plug wiring leading from either the glow plug relay or ecu (whichever one this model uses here as some are different) or an issue with the relay or ECU itself needing replaced to correct this.I have seen both cause this issue here.The first check is to check over the wiring for any shorts or damage needing repaired and if found to be o.k. and if this is the glow plug light coming on this can be an internal fault in the glow plug control relay or ECU itself needing replaced.I would also make sure there are no blown or damaged fuses at all needing replaced.

If this is not what is occuring here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
put new glow plug relay in as well
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,if the relay is new and the glow plugs are new this can be a fault with the wiring from the relay to the glow plugs themselves or wiring leading to the relay to activate the relay for proper operation.I have seen wiring issues cause this before.If you have not inspected the wiring for any issues this is what I would check next to see if you locate any issues needing repaired with the wiring.

The only other component I have seen cause this is the engine computer.If it isn't sending the correct signal to activate the relay I have had to replace the engine computer in some cases.

Thanks Pete