Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a volvo xc90 d5 185ps 2005. Since few weeks i have a

Customer Question

Hi
I have a volvo xc90 d5 185ps 2005. Since few weeks i have a massage in my bc:
anti skid service required and rear park assist service required.
DTC show following errors:
MMM-2000
REM-DD10
CEM-1A64
ABS-0094
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found a lots of forum posts where this both Error massages appear at the same time. skid service required and rear park assist service required.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing to try here is to clear out these codes and see if the messages go off and the vehicle operates normally from there and to see if the fault comes back at all.In some cases the codes may have been a one time fluke and having them cleared out may allow the lights to turn off and the traction and park assist to operate properly.If the codes return or if you have already tried this let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sure I try to delete the codes. Only the MMM-2000 Code is gone. The other CEM and REM Codes are still existing.
It looks like this issue is not a unknown issue. I read often Posts where PAM and DEM have errors at the same time. I figured out, that both PAM and DEM are connected to the REM and both have one fuse. I check also the fuse but this still lock good.
Du you have exprience with Volvo REM system? I think I have read before, that someone fix it with replacing the REM.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

The REM (rear electronic module) is a common component that can fail and cause issues like this here especially since it houses so many fuses that control several electronics.I have seen the REM fail on one or more circuits before in the past with it needing replaced and suspect with what you have here that the REM needs replaced.The REM is located on the drivers rear of the vehicle as seen below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fw8se7zln4eps3/rem-10-21.gif?dl=0

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yesterday I check all wires on my REM and the Fuse I talked before was located at the REM. My question is: Can I check something before I replace the REM, because im not sure If the REM still have a issue. All other electrical components that are connected to the REM seem to work fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hoped that someone from volvo have a idea, because I looks for me that especially xc90 have often this both issue together.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete