Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Morning, Iv just brought a 307 lx 1.6 16 on a 02 plate. When

Customer Question

Morning Robert, Iv just brought a 307 lx 1.6 16 on a 02 plate. When I was out in it yesterday the antipollution fault came on. I stopped and switched the car of for 5/10mins then started up again and it was fine. The chap I brought it off said it had not been used for awhile.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

There is vague possibility of that being caused by non used for a period of time..but if its been unused for a couple of days its unlikely..the antipollution fault is generic fault message which essentially means the ecu is detecting a rich or lean mixture,emmission's fault..normally the main culprits for that is bad oxygen/lambda sensors..its vital that those are checked and the cat converter performance to see if thats where the issue lays..having said that..if the car doesnt sport any obvious performance issues when this happens..then one thing you could try is to add one of the petrol injector cleaners into the fuel tank..then add your fuel and give the car a good run to get it upto temperature..and see if that helps..if not..then the next logical step from there is to get the car plugged in and see what fault codes are logged and this will give an idea of what sort of fault/issue you'll need to have checked out