Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

My Ford focus 2001 will work fine and then engine light

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** and My Ford focus 2001 will work fine and then engine light comes on slow a little bitand then it just keeps going.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: replace spark plugs it worked fine and then it started up agin and then replace wires and it start up gain after about week after each repair.Auto parts store seems to think it the coils
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much longer??
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The check engine light come on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. Since your light is coming on, we need to know the fault code that should be setting. The next steps is going to be to have the computer scanned and the fault code and or code retrieved. Most auto parts store will run a scan for you at no charge, if you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to try and get this resolved.