Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My x-trail radio was not working proper so I got an

Customer Question

My x-trail radio was not working proper so I got an exchange, same as put it in, wait comes on then secure, Ileft it on alnight but just stay's on secure, I have the radio code but have been told the radio has to accept the car, any idea's Mike.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

I need the year of your xtrail to pull up directions and see what needs to be done. I believe it does need to be programmed with the vehicle's vin number using a factory scan tool and software, but would like to verify

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric, the x-trail is an 2005, radio 28188 EQ300, double din, thanks Eric.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, I dont show any programming needed for this year and model. What happens when you input the code

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric, when switched on the radio comes on saying WAIT, then after about 20 seconds the display reads SECURE and dose not change, I have left it switched on all night and it says the same in the morning, and if I was to press a key nothing happens, I cant enter a code, and if I left for a day and switched it back on it reads WAIT again etc cheers Eric.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am stumped on this so I will open it back up to other experts

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any luck yet Eric, with the radio info, thank's.