Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Im barton, i live in malawi and own a nissan hardbody with

Customer Question

Customer: hello im dave barton, i live in malawi and own a nissan hardbody with the ZD30 engine. recently during a overhaul i sent the injector pump to uk for checking and reconditioning. they did a full rebuild of the pump and now the car wont start. it doesent get any fuel at the injectors and they say the pump is fine. we sent it back for re checking and on the test bed it runs well and pumps fuel. i am wondering if this could be due to the key chip in the NATS immobilizer or the ECU not reading the pump now it has been reconditioned?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes the origional problem was starting. we were having to push it in the morning and then it would run fine all day. a garage here suspected the pump. its the zexel VE distributor (bosch) pump and electronically controls the fuel injection. theres no where here that can check them so i sent it over to uk with a friend to get it checked and they did a full re build with the pump and tested it etc. over there. while it was away we found the problem was in fact 4 of the valves were leaking, hence the hard starting. so after fixing that and putting the engine back in it wont start with the re conditioned pump. i am wondering if this could be a problem with the NATS key chip or the ECU on the car not being able to communicate with the pump?
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes theres no hurry. thanks.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

if the dash is all lit up as normal then its not the immobilizer, also there's no feedback from the pump into the ECU to trigger the immobilzer

this document details the NATS function

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCgQFjABahUKEwiZr72ir8zIAhXFtBoKHcb4D8k&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.carhelp.info%2Fforums%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D26522&usg=AFQjCNF5rsAIxudQ9UaqG14ZjNL7BGwnoQ&cad=rja

from your description I'd say its a fault with the crank position sensor or trapped air in the fuel system

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.