Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have a W221 320 CDI L. After a motorway journey I travel

Customer Question

Hi Paul. I have a W221 320 CDI L. After a motorway journey I travel at around 35mph. The gearbox is in 5th at 1100 rpm, then the engine or box jumps. I think it cant work out wether to be in 4th or 5th and jumps backwards and forwards. As the pedal is very lightly depressed I wondered if it was the pedal sensor but in cruise its the same. I have checked the gearbox oil which was changed at 40k and now has 70k. Any ideas?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  carlosbosch replied 1 year ago.

Hi,you need to check the gearbox control unit the problem is related to the direct clutch lock up system known also as overdrive use a scan tool you can do the basic setting first after code reading it is a software miss calculated parameter and basic setting could be the easiest solution before any other dramatic approach

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will connect the bosh obd and see if I can set anything then come back to you. Thanks

Ok you're welcome..please just send me question messages due that the system ask me always to answer you...have a nice weekend