sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2005 dci micra that is turning over but not

Customer Question

Hi mike, I have a 2005 dci micra that is turning over but not starting - yesterday evening as I was driving home the red engine maintenance light came on and i drove it home and was going to take it to the mechanic in the morning, well I went to get her started and ended up with the issue I've got now.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The red engine light did come up on Thursday morning and went to the mechanic and it came up with a fault regarding the coils that heat the engine... Can't for the life of me remember the name at the moment... He then deleted the fault code and said if it happened again to go back... It was fine until I was driving home yesterday evening. Nothing changed engine wise, not lumpy, no funny noises. Just the light. It's turning over but the fuel isn't engaging by the sound of it. The kicker is that I actually have a 2003 dci with the same problem... With 150k miles on it... I thus got a new one as I thought it was about time... And within 2k... Same damn problem... This one only has 68k total on it though... Can I cry now???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Glow plugs that's what they're called.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Glow plugs can cause hard starting when cold but unless you're in a very cold area a healthy engine will most likely start without the glow plugs working. You may have more going on than just a glow plug issue.

Do you know what fault codes are currently setting?