Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast
Experience:  NA
2499435

I have a Ford Escape 2007 6 cylinders. I am currently having

Customer Question

I have a Ford Escape 2007 6 cylinders. I am currently having an issue with the car where it will break a 10 amp fuse located in the fuse box inside of the car .
This happens every time when I try to turn on the engine. All power is then lost on the dashboard of the car. I had some one check the starter, fuel pump and alternator but those are ok. Please HELP
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

The instrument cluster uses a 10 amp fuse in position 7, 22, and 28. Can you let me know which fuse is blowing?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris,Thanks for your prompt feedback.
I will need to ask the guy that is helping me on the car in the morning because now it is in the middle of the night.
I will get you that answer in the morning.Regards.Enrico

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris,The fuse that blows is the one in position 7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris,I have to correct the position of the fuse that blows...it is on position 18 according to the person that is helping me with the car

Thanks, ***** ***** is a 10amp, but it only powers the 4x4 module. This would not effect the instrument cluster. Can you double check that this is the correct fuse.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris,I went to check the fuse box my self.
I did do some checking and noticed a deterioration in the malfunctioning.
I only noticed a signal of life on the car when I extracted fuse on position 7 and inserted it back in. The radio Clock will turn on at that moment and turn back off.But now I am not getting any lights on in the dashboard when turning the key and I do not get a alarm signaling that the car key has been inserted in the ignition switch. Which I had previously.

The new symptoms appear like your describing a dead battery. Will the car start now?

So is it fuse 7 that has the issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Battery is not dead because the lights on the headlamp, in the car and the car horn are ok.I also checked fuse 22 and 28 and the do not have the same effect as when I am pulling out fuse on position 7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do think its fuse 7 that has the issue

Okay, remove fuse 7 will it start?

Install fuse 7 will it start?

Does the fuse blow?

Will the engine at least crank?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Previously a new fuse will be blown immediately when trying to start the engine.
there will be any response when there is no fuse available in position 7

OKay we are getting there.

Fuse 7 powers the instrument cluster, rear view mirrors, data link connector, audio control module.

The catch is, this fuse is powered all the time so turning the key to the run or start position should not effect it or this circuit.

So at this time are all fuses in place and all fuses good?

With the key on, what is the check engine light and theft light doing?

Will the engine crank?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris,I have checked all the fuses on the console panel at the passenger site and they are all ok.
I have noticed that fuse position 2 and 23 have a 5A fuse where the manual states there should be noneNow the console does not light up even when I turn on the ignition and I have no fuses blowingI am thinking that a higher Amperage was coming from somewhere else and was blowing fuse 7 inside of the car
But now because that electrical part has degenerated so much it does not transmit any more power to the console through fuse 7 otherwise for me it is not making any sense why it is blowing fuse 7 only when actually starting the car.(previously)Now the console is doing almost nothing even when all the fuses are in place.
Battery seems also ok

We need a test light at minimum to continue or a digital volt meter preferably to diagnose this electrical issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree will look for one today

Thanks

I really hate that you came to Just Answer, paid to get an answer, but appears like you left not happy nor pleased with my help. I am still here available to help more. We can start over or just pick up where we left off. Let me know what I can do, so you will be pleased with my assistance.

Chris