Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

What could cause the engine check light to come on on a kia

Customer Question

what could cause the engine check light to come on on a kia sedona and the vehicle to cut out
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

If the engine is cutting out like shutting down all together or intermittently cutting out like a quick shut down this can be caused by a faulty crank position sensor.I have seen this sensor fail or act up on several models in the past before with it needing replaced.There are several other components that can cause the check engine light to come on including cutting out like lack of fuel due to failing fuel pump/injection pump or restricted fuel filter.

The best thing to have done here is to have the fault codes checked using a scan tool/computer that is fully compatible with your model here to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set can then be diagnosed to locate and correct this fault.This is the best way to find out why the light is on and what is causing this fault.

Most shops or a dealer can check these codes for you or anyone you may know that has the tool to plug into your vehicle to do this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.