Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Sitrien C3 petrol, 1.4l, I have a problem with a

Customer Question

Hi I have a Sitrien C3 petrol, 1.4l, I have a problem with a pollution light, came on and the car is not starting properly...The sparks, injector , battery and coil has been replaced last week but the light is still on...I really don't know what to do any more...Please help, any suggestions ?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

On any car if you get a check engine light or other fault light this typically means one or more of the sensors has failed or has a faulty connection.

The fault can be something quite simple and nothing that’s going to stop the car to something quite major that will reduce engine power and possibly stop the engine

The ECU senses this and may put the car into 'limp home' mode which typically limits the revs and the amount of power available. Usually the car is safe to drive for a short distance as the mode is intended is intended to get you home without incurring any engine damage

The quickest route to repair is to have the car plugged into a diagnostic machine which will read off the fault code stored in the ECU (providing the light is still on at this point) and indicate which sensor has failed or whether the fault is more serious.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is splitbetween the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.