Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  California smog licensed, ASE ceritied in L1, A6, A8 for over 30 years professionally
25319281

I have a 2004 f150 5.4triton, just changed out a corroded

Customer Question

hello i have a 2004 f150 5.4triton, just changed out a corroded fuel pump driver module, and now my truck won't shut down. any thoughts
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Jim replied 1 year ago.

So if you turn the vehicle off and remove the key, the vehicle is still running?

Expert:  Jim replied 1 year ago.

If the answer is yes then follow these steps.

Remove the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) power relay from the Central Junction Box (CJB). The engine should shut off.

The pins on the relay will be labeled at the bottom side of the relay. Pin 1 is ground, pin 2 should only be hot when the key is in the run position, pin 3 is hot at all times, and pin 4 is the output to the PCM and the fuel injectors.

If pin 2 is hot when the key is shut off, start pulling fuses one at a time to see which circuit it is shorted to.

If pin 2 is only hot when the key is in the run position, pull the relay back in and listen and feel if it "clicks" when energized. If the relay does not click, swap out relays and retest, the secondary contact points may be welded together

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the engineering still runs with the key out, checked the fuses they are all good, i will go back out again in the morning and check what you wrote,
Expert:  Jim replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let me no what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did what I could with the multimeter, however electronics is certainly not my field, couldn't find anything wrong, checked all the fuses, the one for the trailer light was blown, replaced it, switched up the relays. Nothing helped, the relays certainly made a sound when inserted. Made an assessment on time spent with this problem and any further time spent, figured I will spend time with what I can do on the farm such as carpentry and mechanics and leave the electronics to somebody else. Have a date with my local shop next week. Still I thank you for trying. Sincerely Bryn.
Expert:  Jim replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let me no what they find.