gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

I have a 55 regarding tdci 2.0 I 't drive it every day due

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 55 regarding tdci 2.0
I don't drive it every day due to working away.I was driving it two weeks ago with quarter of fuel in the tank. The car stalled at fifty mph.
It wouldn't restart rolling to a stop either on key or bump starting.
Had to get car recovered and when it arrived at my door fuel gauge was on. Zero. Even digital was on zero.
I was with it all the time so.
Put fifteen litres in and bought a manual primer and a new filter. Got fuel to pump and was turning it over. Got high pressure to the injectors aswel
Car runs on brake cleaner but won't run on fuel.
Got a diagnostic and it says fuel modulation high low pressure fault. So I bought a new switch on eBay. Fitted it. Ran the engine again on brake cleaner and cracked off the injector lines.
Still won't run on fuel.
The other fault on ecu was coil a failed to fire.
Ecu light is permanently on and glow plug light was flashing. Just wondering if coil a is injector 1.and would 1 injector stop the engine
Category: UK Car
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like your fuel pump is not developing pressure, which would set that fuel pressure fault. I would check the connectors at the pump first, wondering why it said a quarter tank before it died but nothing in the tank after.