Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a UK 2011 CRV idtec ex with a manual gearbox. I want

Customer Question

Hi, I have a UK 2011 CRV idtec ex with a manual gearbox. For safety I want to activate auto-locking (EG doors lock at 10mph and just the driver's door unlocks with engine off). I can find tutorials on how to do this for auto-gearbox models but not manual shift. Can you help please?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

I have gone thru the field service manuals as well as my scan tool and do not see a function to make your locks auto lock at any certain speed with a manual transmission.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Eric,What about an auto or is the auto-lock function disabled in the EU market? I know it can be enabled in the US.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I dont see it for auto either, which means it is not enabled for the EU market, just the US/Canadian market. See this quite a bit due to different regulations and requirements between the markets

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks