Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have an automatic renault midlum truck that stalls when

Customer Question

I have an automatic renault midlum truck that stalls when idling or if you came to stop it shuts down itself. Sometimes when i come to a stop and I quickly shift to neutral and step on the gas a little bit the truck continues running. Every time I get to a red light and i have to come to a complete stop the truck stalls. I have changed the fuel filter but didnt fix anything, then we changed the air filter and it helped a little bit it gives me a little more time but truck eventually stalls out. Can anyone point me out in the right direction, would it be a sensor or not?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

You need to check for a vacuum leak, air intake leak, or throttle sticking closed. Best way to check for vacuum or air intake leak is with engine idling in gear, spray carb cleaner on air intake tube and all vacuum hoses one at a time. If idle changes when one is sprayed, that is the culprit that needs to be replaced