Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

2000 Megane Scenic 1.9 dti will not start - no fuel exiting

Customer Question

2000 Megane Scenic 1.9 dti will not start - no fuel exiting fuel pump which is making a very rapid clicking noise, fuel is present as I have removed cut-off solenoid and fuel flows when pressing priming bulb.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with the fuel pump itself.I have seen several fuel pump failures in the past before needing replaced to correct this type of fault here.If you have fuel leading to the pump and the pump is making noise but no fuel is pumped through it this is usually the cause here with the pump needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, your answer is not a lot of help, and when I've tried contacting you I keep getting a guy called Marty responding with more requests for payments.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

That is odd as I don't see any responses here or know of anyone named Marty wanting more payments.Since my info doesn't help here if you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can help further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, it has been when I used the 'send a message' option on your first reply, the system seemed to be treating it as a brand new question. This is more like what I expected, being able to chat. However I have now decided to contact a firm of diesel pump specialists in my area to take a look as diagnosis remotely is difficult. Thanks for responding, and I want to close the question.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.That is odd that this is occuring when you click send message.I will send this to customer service to let them know of the issue.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

Thanks Pete