Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Whilst driving my vw crafter today along motorway, I dropped

Customer Question

Whilst driving my vw crafter today along motorway, I dropped it to fourth to overtake and noticed a cloud of black smoke come from the exhaust, very soon after this (back in sixth) the glow light starts flashing and I lose power! Managed to limp home stopped engine, restarted it and light has gone. Need it tomorrow for work should I chance it??
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This type of fault here is usually caused by a fault with one or more of the fuel injectors allowing to much fuel into the engine causing an over fuel issue causing this here needing replaced.I have also seen the over fuel issue cause glow plug failure as cold fuel hits a hot glow plug it can break off the glow plug.I would have the fuel injectors and glow plugs checked/tested to see what needs replaced and repaired from there.This should be checked into as soon as you can to prevent any further engine component failure or damage.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.