Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

I HAVE A 2007 CADILLAC ESCALADE ESV. THERE IS NO CADILLAC

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2007 CADILLAC ESCALADE ESV. THERE IS NO CADILLAC DEALER IN PORTUGAL. THE OIL PRESSURE LIGHT START LIGHT ON AND WHEN I ACELERATE A LEATLE BIT, THE LIGHT OFF. MY MECHANIC NEED TO KNOW WHAT ARE OIL PRESSURE NORMAL VALUES WHEN DONT ACELERATE, TO TRY TO FIND THE REASON. AS HE DONT KNOW ENGLISH AND THERE IS NO SPECIALIZED MECHANIC IN PORTUGAL, CAN YOU HELP ME? THANKS
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you fr your question

Normal oil pressure on the ESV should be right at 25 to 30 PSI at idle and hold steady. Have him remove the oil pressure sending unit and install a oil pressure gauge and monitor the oil pressure. If the oil pressure checks okay with the gauge in place then you likely have bad oil pressure sending unit which is fairly common on this engine.