gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

I have a 2004 Porsche cayenne 4.5 ,that starts and runs

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2004 Porsche cayenne 4.5 ,that starts and runs for 2 seconds,this all happened after I removed starter for repair ,I had to put battery cable back a couple of times to get in and out of car and sometimes I opened by key ....could this have caused it .
Category: UK Car
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like your immobilizer is activating- which should also be indicated by an icon on the dash of a car with a key in it.

Try disconnecting the battery again, touch the cables together to discharge all modules and reset them, then reconnect the battery. After this lock and unlock the Cayennne a few times with the remote to recognize that the system is operational, and try the key in the ignition.

If it has completely forgotten your key adaptation you will need to get it to the dealership so they can re-adapt the keys (and you will need all keys present at that time)

Expert:  Kent-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/9cpig-porsche-cayenne-s-2004-porsche-cayenne-4-5-that.html).
Thank you,
The JustAnswer Customer Support Team
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Did you try the process I recommended? Did you ever resolve this issue?