sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I'm ***** *****
I have a Golv 1996 III
Golf
,

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm ***** *****
I have a Golv 1996 III
Golf
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When afriend was driving it it sudenly stopped and it is not possible to start the engine again
I have tried to any code from the OBD but it says that it has no error code
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: No problem, I was thinking to contact VW tomorrow
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hllo and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause a no start condition. I'm assuming that the starter does engage and crank the engine. If the engine does crank then you're either missing spark, fuel, both, or it could be a fuel contamination issue or exhaust restriction.

Have you checked for spark?

Does the fuel pump run when the key is first turned on?