sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My radio does not work in my x5 BMW. After jump starting it

Customer Question

My radio does not work in my x5 BMW . After jump starting it
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You've charged me £19 I thought it was £3 deposit first
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want advice one off not a membership please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My number is *****
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Radios are very sensitive to proper voltage and it isn't uncommon for them to fail after a jump start, battery disconnect, etc, usually due to improper technique or reversed polarity.

The issue is either the radio itself or a loss of power or ground to it. If fuses are good then a loss of power would have to be a wiring issue, which is highly unlikely to happen as a result of jump starting.

If fuses are good then the next step would be to remove the radio and test it's powers and grounds. If ok then the radio can be condemned.