sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Concerns mondeo 2.5T 2008 BA7.Very noisy from underneath

Customer Question

Concerns mondeo 2.5T 2008 BA7.Very noisy from underneath engine from exhaust system only during first 30seconds from cold. i.e.with choke in use and fast idle.Could this be from part of the turbo?What parts switch in and out during this choke period?When warm no unusual sounds reappear.Hope you can assist sean.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Can you describe the noise?

Has a Ford dealer attempted to diagnose the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A Ford agency left the car overnight on the lift and we started the engine whilst a mechanic stood underneath.Despite hearing the loud whining sound from the engine,it could not be isolated to any given spot.An increase in the engine speed from the accelerator did not increase the intensity of the noise.only a sharp burst on the pedal increases the sound.It seams to me that it depends on the volume of gases(air and/or exhaust)passing through the engine influences the noise intensity.Hope this helps sprinkles08!

Did they agree that the noise is abnormal? Have you compared it to another like vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Ford agency had not heard of a similar case like mine.OntalkFord.com I read that simon1985 on 29 september 2014 presumably had the identical symtoms from his Mondeo 2.5T,so it´s not unknown.

Do they agree the noise is abnormal?

Have you compared it to another like vehicle to see if the same noise is there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The noise seems to be abnormal.simon1985 of nottingham I read on talkford.com had the same problem 29 september 2014.There was no help then.

I know that you believe the noise is abnormal but I'm concerned with the dealer's opinion and whether or not it has been compared to another to see if it is the same. They're going to be more familiar with the vehicle's normal characteristics and since you had it there without anything being done to my knowledge I'm trying to determine if they believe there is an issue.