sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I changed all my glow plugs, battery and filters. But my

Customer Question

I changed all my glow plugs, battery and filters. But my light goes out immediately and the engine sounds rough and irregular when starting. Could this be the relay
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's possible that you could have a bad glow plug relay but the ECM may not be driving the plugs due to an inaccurate coolant, ambient or intake temperature signal. Lack of glow plugs can cause an issue with starting initially but that shouldn't cause the engine to run rough for a few minutes.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to check for fault codes. Have you checked for codes?