Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Gallagher i have a 2007 tdci and it has noise on tickover

Customer Question

hi gallagher i have a 2007 tdci and it has noise on tickover like something touching a plastic cover cant find what have had serpentine belt changed and tensioner and still there any thoughts would be great thanks lenny
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello Lenny

if you haven't then I'd pop the belt off and run the engine briefly without it to see if this solves the noise

that way you can see if its the belt or one of the belt driven ancillaries. if the noise does stop then turn all teh ancillaries by hand feeling for tight spots

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.