sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a Citroen C3 Furio 1.6 manual 2006 and I'm

Customer Question

I have a Citroen C3 Furio 1.6 manual 2006 and I'm experiencing intermittent electronic/electrical problems. It happens when I start the car or while I'm driving. Multiple Warning messages like "abs faulty ,airbags faulty, indicators faulty. My speedometer display goes off and shows two horizontal lines. The power steering also does not work. Sometimes if I go over a bump in the road ,these error messages appear and the power steering disables. I continue driving the warning messages stop and the speedometer display comes back, but the power steering does not come back on.If I stop the car and restart the ignition 3 times, this usually enables the power steering.
Is there anything I can do before I take this to the car dealer
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

You're either losing a power or ground to multiple components at the same time or you have a communication bus issue. The modules all communicate with each other over a wired network and if communication is lost then it will cause what you're having. A loss of communication could be an internal failure in a module or a wiring issue shorting the bus to power or ground.

It's almost surely going to take some in depth electrical testing at the time the problem is happening. The first thing that will need to be done is see what nodules do and don't communicate, power, ground and bus communication testing will be done from there.

In the mean time you can make sure there are no visible wiring issues, no corroded or loose grounds, you can check electrical connectors for corrosion, and you can try wiggle testing connectors and sections of wiring harness to see if you're able to cause the problem to happen. If nothing can be found visually or with wiggle testing then a scan tool will be needed from there.