Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a intermitant missfire on my 52 plate zafira gsi.

Customer Question

Hi , I'm Terry . I have a intermitant missfire on my 52 plate zafira gsi . I've had two diagnostics done and nothing has come up on them . The first bit of advice I was given was injectors , so I changed them ( no difference ) then the second garage said it was because the car is burning oil and coating the lambda sensor in muck creating a miss fire ? So I changed that ( no difference ) . Anybody got any ideas .
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

I'd next check the condition of the ECU fuses and relay for any cracks or corroded terminals and repalce any parts that look suspect

also check the condition of the engine earth connections the large one between the battery and engine and also teh small wire items that are secured to the engine with ring terminals

these earth wires will exit the main engine loom

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is splitbetween the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.