sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Air in diesel. 2.4 engine in a 2002 LDV Convoy. Have changed

Customer Question

Air in diesel. 2.4 engine in a 2002 LDV Convoy. Have changed feed pipe from tank, new filter and housing installed. I can get it running after bleeding but there is still air getting in and stalling the engine again.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can I do with it please? This is quite urgent.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're drawing air into the fuel system and the line and filter housing have been ruled out then the problem may be in the tank. An issue with the pickup in the tank could be allowing air to be drawn into the system rather than forcing fuel to be drawn from the submerged inlet filter at the bottom.

One easy thing you can do is completely fill the tank with fuel and see if that helps. If so then the problem is in the tank for sure.

You could also try running the line from the fuel tank to a clean container with fuel and see if it will properly draw from there.