sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I can only open driver door on my transit van it's an 05

Customer Question

I can only open driver door on my transit van it's an 05 plate.it keeps on blowing the 15 amp central locking fuses
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If it blows the power lock fuse when trying to lock or unlock the doors then you either have a short to ground in the wiring or high current draw in one of the lock actuators.

The best thing to do would be to unplug all actuators and see if the fuse still blows. If so then there is a short to ground somewhere in the circuit between the fuse and each door.

If the fuse doesn't blow with the actuators unplugged then they can be plugged back in one at a time to see which one blows the fuse and then replace that actuator.