Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Bob Ihave an 09 transit connect first thing in the morning

Customer Question

Hi Bob Ihave an 09 transit connect first thing in the morning runs for a few seconds and then stops and will not start again your advise please
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet.

So when it starts and runs for a few seconds, are there any warning lights on the dash? And it will not start again until the following morning, correct?

I need the 17 digit vin number to pull up all needed schematics for this vehicle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric, Vin is WFOTXXTTPT9U71211 Malfunction and engine lights are on both go of with engine cranked over there is lack of fuel to the injectors, have just replaced the fuel filter and have ordered the pipe from the filter to the pump just in case it is drawing air. The full story I bought this van a few weeks ago and the seller had the first start problem he put it in to a local garage to sort they had it for two weeks and when picked it up it started first time and all that day but next morning no start
Regards
Robert
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Has fuel pressure been checked and if so, what is pressure with engine cranking and with key on engine off

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric this I cannot answer but I think I have Sorted the problem New fuel filter and a supply pipe as the fuel was draining back
RegardsRobert
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, glad you got it