Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Fitted a new clutch along with new and master cylinder and

Customer Question

Customer: Dave. Fitted a new clutch along with new slave and master cylinder and it seems like it needs a bit more movement to fully disengage. Is there an adjustment
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: If I pump the clutch and press the pedal to the floor it will disengage
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Will pay if you can fix it now
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

can you tell me what make and model of car this is please?

also on many cars you can adjust the clutch pedal slightly

if you look at where the master cylinder is attached to the pedal, there's usually a fork / clevis that screws onto the pushrod, if you undo the locking nut and undo the rod a full turn or two then this adds pre-load to the cylinder and should start actuating the clutch earlier

it would also be worth re-bleeding the system once you've gotten the engine warm and then allowed it to cool down

I favour having a clear hose from the nipple to a jar 1/2 full of old fluid and with the nipple closed your assistant pushes the pedal up and down a few times then holds it down then you crack open the nipple and close it again whilst fluid is still flowing.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is splitbetween the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please ratemy answer.