Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Marty, I've got a problem with my S280 W220 whereby the

Customer Question

Hi Marty, I've got a problem with my S280 W220 whereby the aircon blower stopped working as I was driving along. The display works for not the blower. When it happened I'm sure there was a burning smell for a few seconds afterwards. Also, since I have noticed that the immobiliser for the car no longer works also. I managed to check the error codes on the aircon display and they come up at 1000, 1268, 1269 & 1271. Any help as to what might be the problem would be much appreciated. Thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'd erase the fault codes and see if they return. They are not directly related to the blower problem. For the blower problem I'd suspect a faulty blower motor. You will need to remove the motor and bench test it. The common failures are the blower motor or the blower regulator. Also check fuse 33 or 35 for the blower motor located in the right side fuse box under the hood.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Marty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply Marty.I have reset the error codes. With regards ***** ***** fuses I have found the fuse box under the hood but none of the fuses are numbered. Is there possibly a diagram to show which ones are 33 & 35 or what amps they would be?Regards
Noel
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi Noel, click on the fuse box diagram below.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

33 will be a 60 amp fuse and 35 will be a 40 amp fuse. The system uses one or the other for the blower unit depending on the model year.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi Noel, I'm just following up with you on this question. Was my answer helpful?