Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

My trunk was pushed closed instead of using the automatic

Customer Question

Hi.my trunk was pushed closed instead of using the automatic button. So now the trunk doesn't open with the remote and it indicates that the trunk is open
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Did you make sure that the override button on the dash and I get turned off? If you turn it off and turn it back on will the remote for the open allow the hatch to open?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the remote doesn't open it anymore. I turned it off and back on. But still nothing. The powerliftgate was pushed closed manually halfway and since then won't work anymore with the remote
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

By closing it manually it should not damage anything however could've knocked it out of time so to speak. It may have to be reinitialized. The next thing to try would be to make sure it's completely closed and latched remove the negative battery cable for about five or 10 minutes then reinstall the battery cable. Make sure that the override switch is not turned on so that all the buttons and power mechanisms will work and try and use the remote to open it then try and use the electric button on the back of the hatch and if it opens manually all the way but not electronically than try to close it with the button on the back of the hatch. Let me know how this goes. I will not be back on till late this evening.