Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Experience:  fully qualified ford senior technician. ata registerd. svq level 3 .12 years experience
17855046

My father bought a Ford Connect Van and is most upset he

Customer Question

Good afternoon, my father bought a Ford Connect Van and is most upset he can't listen to the radio.
The radio serial # ***** (255).
Your help is most appreciated as it may earn me a pint or two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.

Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response

Ok in order for me to generate your radio code i will need the serial number of the audio unit as there is no other way to generate the code

Most ford audio units have a serial number self read function built into the unit

If you press and hold buttons 1&6 or 2&6 (older units the unit will run through a self test and should run through various displays and display the serial number
The serial number will look like this - example
V015638 or M048725

If you can get back to me with this number I will generate your radio code immediately

If the self test function doesn't work and the unit doesn't display the serial number then the audio unit WILL need to be removed /popped out to read the serial number from the side of the unit

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian, please re read my message. I have included the serial number.

Hi there thanks

Ok unfortunately this isn't the serial number you have posted

The serial number will look like this example ie: M067569 or V064223

If you can post the correct serial number I will generate your code immediately

Kind regards ***** ***** and sorry for any inconvenience

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian,
apologies for me misunderstanding.
Upon holding down 1 & 6 the number I gave you is displayed. Preceeded by 'DPS'. No other combination of buttons produced any other codes.Holding 5 and 6 briefly scanned on a radio frequency and produced chatter then sound before cutting again asking for code.on the radio it reads '3000 Traffic keycode'
The reg is WX53 0AV.Dad's returned home to Cornwall so I'm not able to access the radio but can communicate with him

Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

No worries

Ok your audio unit is too early a model to have the self read serial number function

Meaning the audio unit needs to be popped out to read the serial number off the side of the unit

Unfortunately there is no other way to access the serial number which is required to generate your radio code

Which I can do immediately if you can get me this information

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian