cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

Got Allroad 2.7 from 2001. The car was not used week, and

Customer Question

Hi, got Allroad 2.7 from 2001. The car was not used for one week, and when trying to start it it just turns over and nothing happens, starter runs fine, no immobilizer warninglamp is turned on. We put on tool to see the codes, and it sas No communication with Ecu, any suggeestions were to start searcing for failure source?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, first thing, I need the 17 digit vin number to pull up correct schematics so we can start checking the correct items.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what I can find
Car was was working perfect before it was not in use for a week, battery is also ok
Also a couple of pictures from the Tool
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

i would start by unhooking the ecu and hooking it back up more then likely just a bad connection

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, will start with that. I have also heard about some cable between the steering wheel and the immobilizer, can there be any issue there u think?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

its possible its an issue with the immobilezer but i would start with the ecu

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fyi, we have not been able to test anything yet, but will do it this week