Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a confusing problem with lights & indicators on a

Customer Question

I have a confusing problem with lights & indicators on a 2003 Mini Cooper s.
My name is Maurice.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Meant to say I also checked the cables in the front area where i had been working, none pinched or caught etc etc.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Did you do the work with the battery connected or disconnected? Trying to get a feel for if a control module could have blown due to voltage spike.

do the rear blinkers and tail lamps work, or are they out as well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric,
Good point, no I did not disconnect the battery, as said the indicators on one side only are not working but from inside the car they are ie dash indicator working and the clicking is normal as if all indicator lights are working.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

sometimes you can get a voltage spike when reconnecting the connectors with the battery hooked up. Ok, if you have your owners manual, go ahead and look up the fuse locations for them and check the fuses. Also, can you post the last 8 digits of the vin number so I can pull the needed wiring diagrams

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As requested, vin number:- WMWRE32080TC74519.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Sorry, I will need to opt out as although I can pull the vehicle up in my database, it is not pulling up and electrical wiring diagrams or schematics. If another expert has this information, they will post here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still awaiting more information or ideas as to the cause of my motors problem, though I have today fitted a new BCM but my electrical issue is exactly the same, so the problem is not the BCM unit.