Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

2005 transit connect 1.8 tdci with siemens injectors.

Customer Question

2005 transit connect 1.8 tdci with siemens injectors. Renewed split bleed off seal ring but left pipe off for 7 days waiting for seal. Now cannot start. It fires occasionally but will not run. I have bled the fuel to the filter with non return bulb through the out pipe to pump and primed pump pipe with syringe. When leaving bulb connected the fuel in filter stays put, when I disconnect, it immediately starts to return to the tank via the feed pipe. Is there not a one way valve on this system? Each time I crank the engine, it fires a couple of times then nothing. I check the pipe to the pump and it is empty of fuel and the filter again has air in it. Any ideas?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect the fuel lines leading from the filter to the fuel tank as well as filter to engine for any leaks,even a pinhole leak will cause this.If a leak is found it will need repaired.With any kind of leak this allows air into the fuel system which can allow air to bleed back to the tank and would need corrected.

If this is checked and found o.k. this sounds like a fault with the check valve in the fuel pump as most fuel pumps have check valves that can fail causing this issue here and the valve or pump may need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.