Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a Fiesta mk6.5, yr 2008, 1.4 TDCI, which has been

Customer Question

I have a Fiesta mk6.5, yr 2008, 1.4 TDCI, which has been giving me an intermittent problem with the remote central locking and tailgate lock for the last 18 months, which is gradually getting worse.
I have already replaced the remote fob battery, but this has changed nothing (didnt expect it to as the issue is also linked with the tailgate release button on the dashboard, but it was worth a go).
If attempting to unlock/lock the doors using the remote fob, the system will ocassionally work if the relevant button is held down for a few seconds. Othertimes it may not work.
Sometimes when it takes a while to lock, I am unable to get the deadlocks to work. Other times, once the system has worked once it will work repeatidly.
Typically, when the doors are difficult to lock/unlock, the tailgate cannot be opened using either the remote fob or the dashboard release button.
The tailgate can always be opened using the key lock, where the doors appear to lock/unlock correctly as well when using the driver's door key lock.
With the tailgate unlock mechanism, I have tested this with the interior boot panel off and noticed that when the tailgate release button is pressed repeatidly the system loses energy and the unlock piston starts to fade. Eventually stopping. If left for a couple of minutes the system starts working again. Is this normal?
Another element that ocassionally happens is that whilst driving along, all the indicator lights turn on briefly and it sounds like the door locks are operating.
I am not sure where to look next. Can anyone help?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the locking control module/ecu itself or a lock/unlock relay fault as I have seen both cause this type of fault here before needing replaced.The locking/unlocking system will need to be tested further to pinpoint which is the cause here and once located repaired from there to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.